Spring is right around the corner, and this simple charcuterie board is ready for it.
The weather around here is already starting to feel like spring, and it makes me even more excited for this Saturday being the first official day of spring. When I think of spring, I think of new beginnings and all things fresh. This is where my idea came from when I created this simple spring charcuterie board.
New beginnings and a fresh start.
I know that most of us think of a fresh start or new beginnings around New Years. I am for that as well, but love a refresh when the spring rolls around. No better way to greet the spring than with fresh flowers and a good charcuterie board. I have been a fan of charcuterie boards for a while now. I literally could eat them all day long! Most charcuterie boards contain cheese varieties, meat samples, fresh fruit or veggies. There are also others than are more of a sweet board rather than the savory.
This simple spring charcuterie board is a mixture of both sweet and savory. This makes it the perfect fit for the entire family.
Sweet and savory.
My kids normally go for the sweets more than the savory. I knew I had to include both sweet and savory for this charcuterie board. This simple spring charcuterie board is intended for the entire family, so going to make it for everyone. For the cheeses, I went with mozzarella, gouda, and brie. As for the meats, I went with pepperonis and salami. These are two that everyone loves.
Then there is the fresh and sweet part of the board. For fruits, I went with peaches, strawberries, blackberries, and grapes. I was not about to leave out the strawberries considering it will be strawberry season here in Louisiana soon. As for the veggies, I went with cucumbers and carrots.
The candy portion was no question. I had to go with Easter themed candy: Reese’s eggs, Peeps, and chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies.
Simple Spring Charcuterie Board
- 3 peaches
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 lb green seedless grapes
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1 cup of petite carrots
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 8-10 slices of deli sliced pepperonis
- 1/2 cup of Pretzel Crisps
- 1/2 cup of Pita Chips
- 1/2 cup Crunchmaster Multi Grain Crisps Crackers
- 1/2 cup of BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Pearls
- 3, 4.9 oz President Wee Brie Spreadable Cheese
- 1, 8 oz Red Apple Cheese Apple Smoked Natural Gouda
- 1 package of Fiorucci 4.5 oz Hard Salami and Mozzarella Panino
- 1 cup of glazed pecans
- 3 tablespoons of Strawberry Preserves
- 1/2 cup of Reese's Pieces Egg Candy
- 1 package Melster Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Bunnies
- 1 Peeps Easter Chick Pop
- If you want to make Easter graham crackers:
- 5 Graham crackers
- White Chocolate Melting Chips: Yellow
- Easter Sprinkle Mix
- Floral Arrangement: Mums and Daisies
- Wash and prep all the fruit and veggies.
- Slice the strawberries in half, leaving the green.
- De pit the peaches and slice them.
- Slice the cucumbers into thin slices.
- Arrange everything on the board in a way that it all coordinates together. The peaches go great with the brie and the mozzarella with the pepperonis.
- It is all about making it an art. Arrange it all in a way that looks pretty to you! Add the flowers at the very end for extra color and a touch of spring.
- If you want to make the Easter graham crackers, all you need to do is melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, 20 seconds at a time in the microwave. Then dip each graham cracker piece into it, and sprinkle the Easter sprinkle mix onto the still melted white chocolate. Let it all set before placing on the charcuterie board.
Let’s hear it for spring!
I am hoping you all are getting as excited about spring as I am, especially with this simple spring charcuterie board! I hope you all enjoy!