No better way to celebrate National Creme Brulee Day than with a Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bites recipe.
I did not realize my love for Creme Brulee until I had it for the first time in Louisiana. The flavor and texture is absolutely delicious! It was no wonder that I had to create a recipe for this special day. These Simple Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bites are so easy and so good.
All about the Creme Brulee.
If you have never had Creme Brulee, you have got to at least try it one time. It is one that I put in the same category with beignets when visiting Louisiana. Creme Brulee is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a layer of hardened caramelized sugar. This French classic with a delicious creamy vanilla flavor. The ‘burnt cream’ dessert consists of egg yolks and milk with a burnt sugar crust. Y’all, I can’t get enough of it!
Creating a Creme Brulee outside of the original Creme Brulee.
Ok, now that we know what Creme Brulee is all about, let’s talk about these simple creme brulee cheesecake bites. These really are simple. The simplicity comes from the fact that I used a cheesecake kit. Yep. This cheesecake kit comes with all the ingredients and is no bake. Of course if you have an actual cheesecake recipe that you love, you can use that one and then add the extra vanilla extract. The last key part of making creme brulee is the hardened caramelized sugar layer on the top.
This is made possible with a kitchen torch. I of course have yet to grab one of these, so had to use a long lighter. Let’s just say it doesn’t work as quickly or easily as it would with the torch.
- 1 Jello Cheesecake Kit
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 12 muffin cup liners
- Prep the muffin pan with the muffin cups.
- Make the graham cracker crusts according to the package.
- Now make the cheesecake filling.
- Add the cheesecake filling on top of the pressed down graham cracker crust
- Place the cheesecake bites in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
- Remove from the refrigerator and add about a tsp of granulated sugar on top.
- Using a torch or lighter to caramelize the sugar on top.
Enjoying the best of all things.
When the recipe is this easy, there is no reason not to give it a try! Have you ever had Creme Brulee? If not, are you going to give it a try now? I think you should!