An easy and delicious Crock Pot meal: Philly Cheese
It is time for another quick and delicious meal that is perfect for a busy schedule. I love me some Philly cheese steaks. I will eat it on a hoagie bun or alone. I will also eat it on a King’s Hawaiian Rolls, like this Philly Cheese Sliders recipe. Keep reading to see why I am loving this new Crock Pot recipe.
Busy nights need a Crock Pot or left overs.
Who all here can say that trying to put a warm hot meal on the table during a chaotic week can seem a bit possible? I won’t hesitate to raise my hand. The struggle is real. I am all for easy meals as well as left overs during busy weeks. Sometimes easy means not as delicious. This is not true for this Philly Cheese Sliders recipe. It is both easy and delicious!
Crock Pot for the win with this recipe! I didn’t even have to prep the peppers and onions. I opted to use Pic Sweet Frozen 3 Pepper and Onion Chopped Blend. This is great for 2 reasons: skip the cutting and washing of the peppers and onion, plus it adds water to the sirloin steak strips so that you don’t have too.
Why King’s Hawaiian Rolls?
I know that Philly Cheese Steak is normally served on hoagie buns. It is definitely yummy this way, but I wanted to have an even easier meal to have all sandwiches ready at the same time. King’s Hawaiian rolls make this possible. Plus, I am always a sucker for some Hawaiian rolls. They have enough sweetness that makes them savory. I have made other dishes with them. Like these:
https://www.thesproutingminds.com/easy-ham-turkey-cheese-hawaiian-roll-sliders/ https://www.thesproutingminds.com/recipe/best-hamburger-sliders-ever/ https://www.thesproutingminds.com/creating-a-sub-sandwich-lunch-kit/
Philly Cheese Steak, but make it sliders.
This recipe makes Philly Cheese Steak sliders, but you are more than welcome to substitute the King’s Hawaiian Rolls for hoagie buns or another bread of your choice. Now for the recipe!
- 1 package of King's Hawaiian Rolls, 12 Count
- 3 lbs of Thin Sirloin Steak
- 1 bag of frozen 3 Peppers and Onion Blend (Pic Sweet)
- 1 pack of Thin Provolone Cheese Slices
- Avec Seasoning to coat or
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Seasoned Pepper
- salt, pepper to taste
- Cut the thin sirloin steak into 1/2 inch strips.
- Season the meat, then toss it into the Crock Pot
- Add half the bag of frozen 3 Peppers and Onion Blend (3 cups) to the Crock Pot and mix in with the sirloin
- Place the top of the Crock Pot on and set the heat setting to HIGH and cook for 3-4 hours.
- Slice the King's Hawaiian Rolls in half. Place the bottom half of the rolls into a 13x9 baking dish
- With a slotted spoon, place the philly steak mixture on top of the bottom half of the rolls.
- Next, layer the the provolone cheese on top.
- Place the baking dish in the oven, and broil until cheese melts.
- Take out and add more cheese (if desired) and place the tops on. Place back in oven for about a minutes.
- Remove from oven, and slice!
Enjoy your dinner and busy week schedule.
I am hoping this recipe helps you make the most of dinner time during a busy week! It is super easy and you can grab all that you need from Walmart Grocery Pick Up. Now that is even more of a win.