This post was sponsored by Better Than Bouillon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
As soon as the weather begins to warm up, we are outside and taking full advantage of our grill. Our family loves to grill anything from chicken to beef to vegetables and everything else between. Flank steak may be one of my favorite things we cook outside. So there is no surprise that I had to share this recipe with all of you! It is super easy and more than delicious thanks to Better Than Bouillon.
The good ole flank steak.
If you have never tried flank steak and you love beef, then you are missing out. It is a lean and tougher meat that’s so flavorful. Marinating is one of the best ways to not only add extra flavor to the piece of meat, but also to help tenderize prior to grilling. Flank steak is best eaten when cooked medium rare and thinly sliced at an angle across the grain of the meat. It can then be eaten on tortilla shells with toppings or alone with a side of grilled peppers, which is exactly what I did for this recipe!
All about that marinade.
A marinade can make or break your dish. You want to incorporate a marinade that will compliment the meat to enhance the flavors that are already there. Enter in Better Than Bouillon. Better Than Bouillon is just that: a more tasteful and better way of adding flavor outside those bouillon cubes we all have kept in our pantry at one time or another.
I can’t tell you how often I reach for a jar of Better Than Bouillon for recipes. I can create a flavorful broth in less than a few minutes! It tastes better than any canned broth or broth from bouillon cubes. So what exactly is Better Than Bouillon?
Better Than Bouillon is a concentrated paste that can be dissolved to create a stock, broth, marinade, rub, sauce, and so much more. It is the best alternative to your canned broths and bouillon cubes. With the wide variety of base flavors, you can boost the flavor of any dish just by adding and diluting the Better Than Bouillon paste.
I love to use Better Than Bouillon in my grilling recipes because it adds to the flavor and doesn’t mask or take away. It is the perfect addition to my flank steak marinade as well as the perfect wash for my bell peppers.
Enjoy grilling prep and post prep.
One of the reasons of love to grill is the ability to prep my dinners in advance. Flank steak is best when marinated. This makes it the perfect dish for meal prep. Once I have the flank steak marinating, I cut up the bell peppers and place them in a roasted garlic wash. Prep work is done in less than 30 minutes. I can then enjoy the rest of my time with family and friends.
The grilling process is easy and quick! This creates for a less stressful dinner. Plus, knowing that the flavors are going to be there even after grilling makes the meal even better, Better Than Bouillon!
Marinated & Grilled Flank Steak with Peppers
- Outdoor Grill
- 2 lb Flank Steak
- 3/4 tsp Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
Roasted Garlic Bell Peppers
- 4 bell pepper Assorted Bell Peppers: Red, Yellow, Orange
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base
- 1/2 cup water
- Place flank steak on tray or cutting board and season both sides with salt, pepper, and onion powder; set aside
- In a gallon storage bag, add water and Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base; seal bag and mix these until Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base is well mixed in with water. Then add olive oil and red pepper flakes. Seal again and mix all ingredients together.
- Place the seasoned flank steak into the storage bag with the marinade. Seal closed and place in the refridgerator for at least 1 hour.
- While flank steak is marinating, prepare the bell peppers. Wash and cut peppers into thin sections. Remember, the thicker the sections, the longer it will take for them to cook. Set cut bell peppers aside.
- Prepare roasted garlic base wash for bell peppers. Add 1 tsp of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base to a deep dish or bowl along with 1/2 cup of water. Mix until base is practicially dissolved. Next add all the cut bell peppers into the wash and toss them around. Place in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Prepare grill. You want the grill to be around 400 F. Place flank steak onto grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side.
- While flank steak is grilling, put the cut bell peppers into a cast iron skillet and place on the grill. Stir occasionally to make sure they are all cooking evenly.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, remove both the flank steak and bell peppers from the grill. Allow the flank steak to sit for about 5-10 minutes before cutting. As I mentioned above, you want to cut flank steak in thin slices in a diagonal along the grain of the meat.
- Serve together and can add a side of refried beans if desired 😉