Keto Chicken & Sausage Soup for the menu.
There are 2 times a year when most of us really focus on what we are eating, beginning of the year and before all the beach trips. Yep. Y’all now I am not kidding. We connect our diet to losing weight and being our best selves. This is true to an extinct. Our diet is important because what we put in our body is how our body will function. Put good and healthy things in, you will see it in your complexion and your energy. When you take in too many sugars and unhealthy, empty foods, you will lack the energy and your skin will be also be unhappy.
Finding recipes that are better for you as well as taste good can be a challenge. Add in the ‘easy’ factor and your head may start spinning. Well, this Keto Chicken and Sausage Soup is not only delicious, but it is easy!
Staying healthy with physical activity, mental breaks, and good food choices.
I truly believe to be healthy, you must be able to take care of yourself in many different areas. You need to incorporate some type of physical activity. This can just be walking for at least 15 minutes. Mental breaks are also important. It is a form of self care that a lot of us neglect. You have to find time to disconnect and take time to yourself. Lastly, our choices of food.
I am all about that 80/20 concept: choose healthy foods 80% of the time, indulge 20% of the time. I think we need to have a healthy balance when it comes to foods. This Keto Chicken and Sausage Soup is a great healthy dish for the cooler temps. It has lots of flavors while also being keto-friendly. The other thing I love about this soup is that you can eat it alone or eat it over noodles or rice.
- 1 whole chicken, 5 lbs
- 2 links of andouille sausage
- 32 oz of chicken stock
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of onion powder
- 2 tsp of cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp of italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided in half
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of season blend
- optional serving sides: rice, noodles
- Prep the chicken: remove the parts from inside the chicken. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine
- Sprinkle half the seasonings on one side of the chicken and drizzle with olive oil (1/2 tablespoon); massage into chicken
- Flip over and add the rest of the seasonings and 1/2 olive oil; massage into chicken
- Place chicken in an air fryer and cook at 360 for 25 minutes
- Carefully flip chicken and cook for another 30 minutes at 360 in the air fryer. Make sure chicken temp at the meatiest part (breasts) is at 165 F.
- If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook the chicken for 1 hour and 40 minutes at 375 in the oven, until chicken is at 165 F when temp checked at the meatiest part.
- Let chicken rest before cutting.
- While chicken is cooking, slice up the andouille into halves.
- Heat up the 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot, add sausage and brown, about 3-5 minutes, on low-medium heat.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the season blend and saute until it becomes translucent and tender.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot and scrap off the remnants of the sausage on the bottom of the pot.
- Bring the chicken stock to a low rumble.
- Cut up the chicken. Add both the white and dark meat to the chicken stock along with the sausage.
- Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, then serve!
Here for the soups when the cooler weather hits.
Super excited to finally be able to enjoy soups in the cooler weather here in Louisiana! I hope you enjoy this keto chicken and sausage soup as much as we do!
Another keto-friendly recipe: Keto Crunchwrap Supreme