Summer has officially started in our house! With summer, comes all those fun and refreshing treats. You know what this means for our house? Lots and lots of popsicles! To beat the summer heat, we add popsicles to our daily menu. To cut back on ‘some’ of the sugars, we make a lot of our own at home. Here is a fun spin on a family favorite, s’mores popsicles.
We are here for the s’mores popsicles recipe.
Are your kids as obsessed with s’mores as are mine? I can’t blame them though. I could go for s’mores any time of day. We have s’mores granola bars in the pantry right now along with all those ingredients to make ‘indoor s’mores’. When it was time to get creative with a new popsicle recipe, I decided
Why not make it a s’more?
So here we are with our homemade s’mores popsicles recipe, but with a little spin. Instead of using hot chocolate or another enriched chocolate milk for the base, I went with a chocolate almond milk. It is not as sweet as the other two chocolate beverages, but it does have some extra benefits that I am all for. Almond milk is lower in calories and sugar, but is higher in vitamin E and vitamin D. We could all say that is a great plus!
S’mores ingredients for a refreshing treat.
You don’t need much to whip up these s’mores popsicles. For these, you will need chocolate almond milk, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, and graham crackers. You will also need a popsicle mold if you don’t already have one of those. I grabbed ours from Walmart for under $5! Definitely a great investment during the warmer, umm hotter, months 😉
As I mentioned above, these popsicles are not super sweet although they have the added essentials. If you are wanting a sweeter taste, you can add 2 teaspoons of a sugar of your choice to the almond milk before adding it into the popsicle molds.
Now who’s ready for the ‘coolest’ s’mores treat around?
Another refreshing recipe: https://www.thesproutingminds.com/2-ingredient-popsicles-made-with-greek-gods-yogurt/
Homemade Almond Milk S'mores Popsicles
- 2 cups chocolate almond milk
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 graham crackers, crushed
- Fill each popsicle mold with about 1/2 full with the chocolate almond milk
- Place the popsicle molds in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes, enough time to allow the almond milk to start freezing, but not completely frozen
- Add about 4 graham crackers to a plastic bag and crush. Set aside for the last step.
- Remove the popsicle molds from freezer and add the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips to each mold, about 3/4 full.
- Pour the remaining almond milk over the marshmallow and chocolate chips. Leave some room for the crushed graham crackers.
- Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers on the top of each popsicle mold. Insert the popsicle mold sticks/tops and place in the freezer for up to 2 hours.
- When the popsicles have completely set, remove and enjoy!You may need to run a little water over the outside of the molds to help remove/release the popsicles from the molds.