All about ground beef taco meat for Taco Tuesday.
Not sure if y’all are anything like us, but we are all about our Taco Tuesday. I actually would say we are all about tacos every day of the week. My son literally could eat taco meat and cheese every night. I am not kidding! If y’all are looking for a great way to enjoy taco meat during the busy week, then you need to check out the ground beef taco meat in the crock pot recipe!
So many options when it comes to ground beef.
One thing I love about cooking this beef taco meat in the crock pot is that you can batch cook it! I cooked about 3 pounds the other day, and we were able to eat off of it a few nights. Plus, you can do so many things with it. Of course one way to eat the ground beef is in soft or hard taco shells.
Another idea would be to use it in a beef enchilada recipe. Taco salad for Wednesday’s lunch? Why not? Love a meal that you can be creative with like this beef taco meat. The thing I love most about it though is the fact I can start cooking it before I head out the door, and it will be ready by the time dinner rolls around. No worrying about getting it started or throwing everything in the pan before it gets too late.
Taco seasoning on hand at all times.
You will note that I have included my homemade taco seasoning recipe. There are times when we don’t have any taco seasoning on hand. This can happen quite often when you are constantly cooking it. All you need for your homemade taco seasoning is onion powder, cumin, and chili powder. I try not to add a lot of salt to the taco meat. You can batch make this and always have some on hand too!
One last hack for any crock pot kind of night.
I can’t leave this post without telling y’all about this amazing crock pot hack. I am obsessed with crock pot liners! I was worried the first time I used it that it would make my food taste funny. Nope! The only they it did was make my life less stressful with the ability to just put the left overs away and no scrubbing or letting the inner crock pot part to soak. Win win win!
Now for the recipe!
- 3 lbs ground beef, 90/10 (leaner the meat, less the grease)
- 2 cups of water
- 3 packets of taco seasoning or
- 1 packet of taco seasoning and homemade taco seasoning
- Homemade Taco Seasoning:
- 2 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs onion
- 1 tbs chili powder
- Taco Fixings- hard/soft taco shells, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce
- Reynolds Crock Pot Liner
- Place the crock pot liner into the crock pot
- Add the ground beef to the crock pot and try and chop it up some with a spoon
- Add the taco seasoning and mix well; try and break up the ground beef some more
- If making the homemade taco seasoning, mix the 3 spice together and add! This recipe is good for 2 pounds of ground meat.
- Add the water and mix well
- Place the lid on the crock pot and set the crock pot to high heat setting for 4 hours. If needed, set it to switch to warm after it has cooked for the 4 hours
- After 4 hours, break up any of the meat that has cooked together. If you used 80/20 or less for the meat, then you may need to drain some of the grease on the surface.
Always fiesta when tacos are involved.
It is always a party over here when tacos are involved. This is even more true when the crock pot makes my life easier for dinner time! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do!