With everything going on right now, it may be difficult to even think about Easter Sunday being less than a week away. You can still make the most of the Easter holiday while being at home. Here is an easy and yummy Easter popcorn recipe perfect for the entire family!
Plan a day filled with love, snacks, and the real reason for the Easter holiday.
I know majority of us normally would spend Easter Sunday with family and friends. A day that begins with Easter breakfast and finding the treats left by the Easter Bunny. Then we quickly get dressed in our Sunday best and head to our Easter Sunday church service, followed by lunch and Easter egg hunts with our family. This year will be completely different, but that is ok. We are still going to make the most of it, starting with a quick Easter popcorn snack.
Easter Popcorn to be ‘hoppy’ about.
This Easter popcorn is super easy to put together. You can even have your kids help out! One thing to note is that you will need to keep an eye out for those pesky popcorn kernels that didn’t pop. I sorted through the popcorn after popping it to remove these kernels. It may be even easier for you to use bagged popcorn in this recipe! We love Smartfood Popcorn.
Easy Easter Popcorn
- 8 oz BunnyMallows or any bag of mini marshmallows
- 4-5 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup Easter M&M's or more if you like!
- 1/4 cup Easter Sprinkles or more if you like!
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- Prepare the popcorn if you are not using a bag of already popped popcorn
- In a medium sized microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave: a little over a minute.
- Add 3/4ths bag of mini marshmallows to the melted butter and stir until all mixed well. If the marshmallows don't all completely melt, you can add it back to the microwave. Microwave in 20 second increments until all melted.
- Mix the melted butter-marshmallow mixture to the popped popcorn.
- Once all the popcorn is practically covered in the marshmallow mixture, start mixing in those toppings. This includes the rest of the mini marshmallows.
- Carefully fold it all together, and serve! This can be stored for a few days in an airtight container, if it lasts that long!