Nothing like an easy meal for a busy week like this Crock Pot Hatch Chile Chicken.
I am all for a quick and easy meal during the hectic week. I mean, aren’t we all? These meals are those that can either be prepped ahead of time or even cooking during the day. Coming home to a meal that is practically ready is life changing. This Crock Pot Hatch Chile Chicken is definitely life changing!
Meal preppin’ like a boss.
When it comes to those quick dinner options or any meal, taking the time to meal prep makes it a whole lot easier. You will have everything you need a head of time which will allow you to truly plan that meal ahead during the busy week. What is even better is when you plan your meals to where you have leftovers for the next day. Batch cooking is one of the best ways to stay on top of those weekly meals, and even eat healthier.
Crock Pot dinners are normally pretty easy. All you need to do is toss it into the Crock Pot, set the heat setting and timer, and walk away. I have a few Crock Pot recipes in my back pocket that I pull out when I know that standing over the stove is impossible. For this recipe though, it brings meal prepping to an entire new level. The options are endless with this Crock Pot Hatch Chile Chicken.
Crock Pot Hatch Chile Chicken for Lunch and Dinner.
This recipe allows for many options. You can eat this shredded chicken on bread, in a salad, wrapped up as a burrito, and even eat it as a street taco. For today, I am going to go with the wrapped version. The wrapped version is GREAT for lunches. You can cook this chicken on Sunday, eat it Sunday night, then divide it up for those weekly lunches. For this wrap, I opted to have the chicken with cooked brown rice and sauteed squash and zucchini. You can even omit the flour tortilla and eat the chicken with just the rice and veggies.
Y’all, this really is so good! See the recipe for yourself! I have also included the links to these ingredients that can be added to your Walmart grocery order. Hopefully this will make it easier for prepping ahead of time for this Crock Pot Hatch Chile Chicken.
- 3 lbs of chicken breasts and thighs, deboned and skinless
- 2 packs of Stubbs Hatch Chile
- 1 bottle of Stubbs Citrus and Onion Chicken Marinade
- If you are using a Crock Pot liner, go ahead and prep the Crock Pot with it.
- Clean the chicken of any excess fat or skin
- Add the Stubbs seasoning packs to the chicken and make sure all the chicken is covered evenly with it.
- Place the chicken into the Crock Pot.
- Add the Stubbs cooking sauce to the Crock Pot
- Add 1 cup of the Stubbs Citrus and Onion Chicken Marinade to the Crock Pot.
- Stir all the ingredients around in the Crock Pot and place lid on.
- Set the Crock Pot to Low heat for 8 hours.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, shred the chicken with forks.
- Eat the chicken however! If you want to prep the wraps: Cook brown rice according to package and slice zucchini and squash into 1" slices. Saute the veggies in olive oil until soft and tender. Assemble the wraps: place 1/2 cup of shredded chicken into the center of a tortilla, add about 1/4 cup of brown rice and veggies. Wrap up the tortilla like a burrito.
Conquer that busy week with this quick and easy recipe!
Take it from me, having a meal plan is life changing. You will save time and will not be running around crazy right before dinner. Plus, this Crock Pot Hatch Chile Chicken has enough leftovers for lunch and multiple meals during the week!
Other dinner recipes: https://www.thesproutingminds.com/beef-cutlet-recipe-a-twist-on-chicken-fried-steak/ https://www.thesproutingminds.com/easy-and-quick-gumbo-for-a-busy-night/ https://www.thesproutingminds.com/quick-and-easy-ramen-shrimp-bowls/