One thing I have learned during this quarantine is how to take advantage of the ingredients I have at the house to make something easy and delicious. We all wanted a dip, but I was not about to wait for a pick up order. Luckily, I had everything I needed to make not only an easy, but delicious dip: Bacon, Ranch, and Cheddar dip!
Can’t believe it was that easy, kind of dip.
I am all about the easy route when it comes to cooking. Mainly because I have 3 kids running around and that can make it difficult to spend too much time in the kitchen. Recipes that are either quick or allow for resting periods are ones I usually lean towards. If this sounds like you, then this bacon, ranch, and cheddar dip recipe is for you.
As the name entails, this recipe calls for bacon, ranch seasoning, finely shredded mild cheddar cheese as well as cream cheese and mayonnaise.
This dip can be served with veggie straws or crackers. It may be to thick for some chips. If I had allowed for it, by kids would have eaten this dip with a spoon. My son asked,
Yum! What kind of dip is this?!
and I preceded to tell him that it had bacon, ranch seasoning, and cheese. He stared in excitement, lol! Allowing it to sit in the fridge for an hour was probably one of the hardest things he had to do that day. I continuously reminded him that the wait would be so worth it. Boy was I right!
This dip is a great mix of all those favorites, especially the bacon and cheddar! The ranch seasoning just adds to the background of this dip as does the creaminess of the mayonnaise and cream cheese.
Ain’t no party without a little bacon, ranch and cheddar dip!
No matter the occasion, this dip is a must have for the appetizer menu. Serve it with crackers, veggie straws, and an assorted veggie tray. I promise you will not be disappointed!
More dip recipes!
Easy Bacon, Ranch, and Cheddar Dip
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 6-8 slices Cooked Bacon
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning: for dips or dressing
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature, about 30 minutes-1 hour
- While cream cheese is softening, cook the bacon. Make sure it is crispy!
- Cool bacon on paper towels, then finely chop.
- Add the mayonnaise and softened cream cheese to a medium sized bowl, and mix well.
- Add the seasonings, and mix well.
- Add the bacon and cheese. Mix well and place in the refrigerator to allow it to set/chill for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, take out and serve with crackers, veggie straws, and even a veggie tray. Enjoy!