A perfect Christmas tradition, Christmas Peanut Butter Balls.
Y’all already probably know by now that I am all about baked goods during the holidays. This is the best time to bake those special cookie recipes, especially using recipes that can include even the kids. These Christmas Peanut Butter Balls are not only delicious, but super easy to make!
Remembering the first time making peanut butter balls.
I still remember the first time I made peanut butter balls. It was about 13 years ago, and it was with Kyle’s grandmother. She loved to have certain desserts at Christmas, and peanut butter balls was one that she made sure to have present. It is crazy how memories are so entangled with the foods we eat and make.
As I made these peanut butter balls with my youngest today, I felt like Maw Maw Nonie was right there with us. Such a beautiful memory to have while baking during the holidays.
This recipe is not Maw Maw Nonie’s exact recipe. She used milk chocolate instead of the white chocolate, and also opted out the sprinkles. I have had vintage peanut butter balls with rice krispies added, but this recipe right here is my favorite! See for yourself.
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter, unsalted
- 16 oz. white chocolate bark
- festive sprinkles
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Roll into about 2" balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Once you have all the balls rolled out, place the cookie sheet into the freezer while you melt the white chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate. You want to really watch this step. If you scorch the white chocolate, it won't be any good. For this white chocolate that we purchased at Target, we heated it up for 2 minutes. Stirring after 1 minute.
- Remove peanut butter balls from freezer, and roll each one in the melted white chocolate. Do this one at a time so you can add the sprinkles on top before the white chocolate sets.
- These are ready to eat as soon as the white chocolate sets! Enjoy!
Family time and making memories during the holidays!
As I mentioned earlier, the holidays is such a great time to spend together. I find that baking is a great way to include the kids. The memories made during these times are extra special and will not be forgotten!
Hoping you all have a very Merry Christmas!