No party without the buttercream and cake!
Most of us would have to agree that it doesn’t seem much like a party unless there is cake, or some sort of ‘dessert’. Maybe it is just me? 😉 If you are with me on having cake present at any party, then you must check out my homemade vanilla buttercream frosting.
Easy is also delicious.
I am really not kidding when I say this vanilla buttercream frosting recipe is oh so delicious! It is very easy too, which makes it even more of a win-win. With only a few ingredients: butter, powdered sugar, a little bit of heavy cream, food coloring (if you desire), and the MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT-vanilla butter emulsion. Okay, y’all may be thinking
Why in the world is butter not the most important ingredient?
Well that is because this vanilla butter emulsion makes the buttercream taste amazing and even smell good, according to my toddler 😉 I add this ‘mixture’ to all my baking recipes instead of the basic vanilla extract. Making a cake from a box? Add the vanilla butter emulsion. Making cookies from scratch? Add the vanilla butter emulsion. I promise, you will not look back once you get started on it! It does wonders with the taste and texture.
Alright, enough talk about my secret ingredient.
Best Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, I promise.
When you are making this buttercream frosting, it is best to let the butter sit at room temperature for a bit. Allowing the butter to soften makes the process a thousand times easier! You do not want to quickly soften the butter, like in the microwave. The butter still needs to be butter, not melted butter.
Another great thing about buttercream frosting is that it holds up well. You can make it 1-2 days ahead of time, just keep it in the refrigerator and allow it to come back to room temperature before using it. If you have lots of leftovers, which rarely happens in this house, you can freeze it up to 3 months!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, (2 sticks) softened to room temperature
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla butter emulsion
- Add the softened butter to a large bowl and mix until creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Make sure the mixer isn't at high speed when you are adding the powdered sugar 😉
- Add the vanilla emulsion, then slowly add the heavy whipping cream-1 tablespoon at a time. You want to check the consistency after each addition.
- Add whatever food coloring! I always opt for a gel-based food coloring because it won't alter the consistency too much.
- Now enjoy!
You can make cake and enjoy it all too!
So many are hesitant to make desserts from scratch. Let me tell you, don’t be hesitant! It is more than easy and enjoyable along the way. My toddler can vouch for how enjoyable it is during the process 😉 I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
More sweet and delicious recipes!