Something to go bananas about, a banana bread with cream cheese filling.
Y’all, I am always down for some banana bread. It doesn’t just have to be in the morning. I find it just as delicious warmed up and eaten in the evening. This banana bread with cream cheese filling is such a fun and yummy twist on a classic. It is also easy to make! See why we are going bananas over this recipe.
Cream cheese filling that is light and delicious.
As I mentioned above, this banana bread has a fun twist. The added cream cheese filling goes perfect with the banana bread. It adds the perfect mixture of creamy and sweet that you are not expecting when you slice into the banana bread loaf.
My kids thought it was so much fun to see the cream cheese filling on each slice of the banana bread. Plus, it looked like a smiley face! This recipe definitely has me smiling.
- 3 ripe mashed bananas (1 cup mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 1/5 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup of veggie oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 ; spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, add 1 egg, sour cream, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of veggie oil, and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tsp of cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda and mix well
- Add the 1 cup of mashed bananas, mix well
- Add 1 cup of flour and mix well
- Pour about 2/3 of batter into the prepared bread loaf dish.
- Set aside to make cream cheese filling
- In a medium bowl, add 4 oz softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 egg and mix well to have it all incorporated.
- Then beat with a whisk to make sure it all is mixed well and creamy
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the center of the poured banana bread batter.
- Gently spread out; add the rest of banana bread batter on top
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the center
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
Falling for this banana recipe!
I can’t tell you how good this recipe is. I had everyone in my family wanting another slice. Check it out for yourself and let me know what y’all think!
Another banana bread recipe: https://www.thesproutingminds.com/pumpkin-and-banana-chocolate-chip-bars/